Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Caroline Keeps Head Coach Despite Charges

by Jeff Fisher
Virginia High School Football Huddle


As everyone knows, my job (not an official one, but someday soon) is to comb the media for high school football stories, and then post them on The High School Football Huddle, so it's a little easier for my readers to get high school football news.

For the most part, I like to talk about all of the positive things that are associated with high school football. I generally don't post the stories about arrests and the police blotter stuff.

However, today I came across a story that made me scratch my head, and thought I had to post it.

It comes from The Free Lance-Star in Fredericksburg in Virginia...

According to the published report Caroline High School will not suspend head coach Ben Boyd for this season even though he's been arraigned on two felony charges of forging and uttering a public document. This is the same Ben Boyd, who in 1991 had a federal misdemeanor conviction for misbranding and illegally dispensing anabolic steroids.

Now, I certainly believe that in America, you're innocent until proven guilty...but...the Caroline School Board didn't even discuss possibly suspending the head coach at its Monday meeting!! If you're wondering, the Virginia High School League has no policy on coaches charged with crimes, so it's up to the individual districts.

Click here to read the entire story, while I continue to scratch my head on what this school district is thinking?

Oh wait...I figured it out...it's because the knuckleheads on the school board think it's too close to the start of practice, and Boyd's suspension could jeopardize the team's season.

That's it...wins trump integrity! Everyone on that school board should be suspended until they figure out the right thing to do!

No comments:

Footlocker.com